Six individuals have made it through to the next round of the Drywite Young Fish Frier of the Year Award following live demonstrations in which they showcased their frying skills.
- Imogen Atkinson – Real Food Cafe in Crianlarich, Scotland
- Kieran Bulpit – Linfords Traditional Fish and Chips in Market Deeping, Lincolnshire
- James Ellams – Fish and Chips @ Weston Grove in Chester, Cheshire
- Charlie James – Pier Point Bar & Restaurant in Torquay, Devon
- Glen Marshall Morrison – Garioch Fish Bar in Inverurie, Scotland
- Jamie Russo – Redcloak Fish Bar in Stonehaven, Scotland
The competitors also faced a tough grilling from the industry judges who tested their knowledge on all aspects of the job including preparation.
Kelvin Lee, managing director of Drywite, comments: “We are extremely proud of the six who are moving forward in the category. They each have great passion for the fish and chip industry and learning, which is wonderful to see. There’s no doubt that the recipient of the Malcolm Lee Trophy will inspire many other young people to give their all to a career in the fish and chip sector.”
One more round of judging will take place before the top three are announced and invited to London for the National Fish & Chip Awards on 28th February in London.