Pub chain Greene King has added a vegan fish and chips option to its menu.
More than 250 Hungry Horse pubs, 160 Greene King Local pubs, and 70 Farmhouse Inns pubs owned by the brewer are now serving OmniTM plant-based fishless fillets, alongside chips and peas or mushy peas. Further stores will be added later this month.
Made with a proprietary blend of non-GMO soy, pea and rice proteins, the fillets are said to it retain the flakiness and tenderness of real fish while carrying an ineffable ocean flavour.
Containing 349mg omega-3 ALA and zero cholesterol, Omni Golden Fillets are low in saturated fat and free from trans-fat.
- Top 10 time for Fish & Chip Takeaway of the Year 2024
- National Fish and Chip Day 2024 brought forward to honour 80th Anniversary of D-Day
- The Scottish chippy swapping chips for toys this Christmas
- Consumers loosen purse strings on high tempo occasions – but quality and atmosphere is key
- Falling foodservice inflation now a clear trend