Providing a cost-effective way to diversify menus are two new Mexican seasonings from Funnybones.
Al Pastor, which originates from the Puebla region of central Mexico, has notes of chilli, pineapple and achiote, bringing an earthy, smoky taste to dishes.
Cochinita seasoning, meanwhile, which originates in the Yucatan province of Mexico and translates to ‘suckling pig’, offers a different kind of smokiness, punctuated with sweet orange juice, achiote and charred garlic.
Both seasonings are vegan-friendly and can be used to create a range of Mexican themed dishes, including plant-based options.
Funnybones 01707 321234 www.funnybones.co.uk
- Survey reveals which city can handle the spiciest curry
- Foodservice price inflation falls for a third consecutive month
- Just Eat calls for government to do more to tackle plastic waste
- Rise in active leisure tourism benefits hospitality sector
- Former chip shop owner banned after admitting to food hygiene offences