A new MSC Fish Pie Mix from Young’s Foodservice promises to make creating the classic fish pie easier than ever.
A combination of diced Alaska pollock and pink salmon, the mix can be prepared in a matter of minutes and cooked straight from frozen.
As well as making fish pie, the mix can also be used to make a variety of other menu choices such as pasta bakes and Mexican tacos with a difference.
Adrian Greaves, foodservice Director at Young’s Foodservice says: “We are extremely proud of the quality of our Young’s MSC Fish Pie Mix as well as the versatility it gives operators. It’s so easy to prepare that we hope it will encourage even the smallest of establishments to prepare fish dishes from scratch and help them to get creative with the fish dishes they decide to include on menus.”
A recent poll ahead of British Pie Week, revealed that fish pie was the second most searched for pie recipe online, showing it’s a clear favourite with diners.
Young’s MSC Fish Pie Mix is available in pack sizes of 900g.
Young's Foodservice 0800 132 096 www.youngsfoodservice.co.uk
Classic Fish Pie Recipe
400g mixed frozen Young's fish
2 eggs hard boiled & quartered
Handful of fresh baby spinach leaves
30g grated mature cheddar cheese
30g plain flour
3tbsp double cream
1 tsp Dijon mustard
80g grated mature cheddar cheese
Pinch of grated nutmeg
Small bunch of fresh curly parsley chopped
Salt & pepper
Maris Piper potatoes
60g unsalted butter
3 tbsp double cream
Salt & Pepper
1) Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°Fan/Gas 6.
2) Peel and chop the potatoes and boil until tender. Drain & mash with the butter, cream & seasoning.
3) To make the sauce, melt the butter, add the flour & cook gently for 2 minutes until thickened. Gradually whisk in the milk & bring to the boil, stirring continuously until sauce has thickened. Add the cheese, cream, mustard, nutmeg, seasoning & parsley. Cook for a further minute whisking all the time.
4) Pour enough sauce to cover the base of an oven proof dish. Add the fish pie mix, followed by the eggs, peas & spinach. Cover with the remaining sauce, top with the mash & sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
5) Bake in the centre of the oven for 40 – 45 minutes