The Fish Frying & Fast Food Show returns to Donington Park next month and it’s packed full of ideas to help you stay ahead of the pack. Here are our top 30 reasons why you should make a pit stop
1. Listen to live demonstrations from the likes of Nigel Hodgson and Garry Rosser as KFE
sets up its training school, offering you the chance to find out more about sourcing different species of fish, increase your knowledge of sustainability and learn best practice in areas such as fish cutting techniques.
2. Step onboard one of Catering Units'
three fish and chip vehicles including its demonstrator fish and chip van. Fully fitted with LPG generator, frying range, bain marie, fridges and freezers, it has only ever been used to demonstrate to customers and will be available to purchase at a reduced price on a first come, first serve basis. Any orders for trailers and van conversions placed at the show will also receive 12 months free insurance & UK delivery (conditions apply).
3. Stock up on all your frying utensils, baskets and chip buckets with a four for the price of three offer across most of Fryersmate’s
4. Ask Starchip Enterprise
what made it worthy on winning Best Seasonal Operator at the National Fish & Chip Awards, have a look round one of its mobile chip vans and enquire about taking up a franchise.
5. If you’re in the market for a new range, KFE
will be displaying its latest Kiremko high efficiency range including the new flat bottom chip pan. In addition, it will be showcasing its new Adieu grill, perfect for shops looking to offer a wider range of grilled seafood, as well as demonstrating its Smitto frying ranges, which are ideal for mobile operators.
6. Find out about the brand new industry specific insurance policy available from Wrapped Takeaway Shop Insurance
, put together by friers for friers.
7. Tickets are free. Simply register online
ahead of the event or on the door on the day.
8. Carlton Catering Equipment
can help you get the best deal on Bold potato peelers, chipping machines and associated products.
9. Let the Florigo
sales team show you round its state-of-the-art ranges and see for yourself what sets it apart, while also finding out about its service and back-up offering.
10. Let Calum Richardson, owner of The Bay Fish & Chips
, take you round his mobile fish and chip van and find out the highs and lows of life on the road.
Fish Frying & Fast Food Show
Sunday 9th October
Donington Park, Exhibition Centre, Castle Donington, Derby DE74 2RP
: 10am - 4.30pm
To register for your FREE tickets to the Fish Frying & Fast Food Show ahead of the event, click here. Alternatively, you can register for free on the door on the day.
11.The Q Partnership
will be unveiling a completely new concept aimed at re-igniting lunchtime trade as well as offering advice and tips and holding a free prize draw.
12. As well as its Supreme Sausages, James T. Blakeman & Co
will be sampling its new ready cooked Gastro Range of sausages, a pork, onion & sage stuffing ball and a gourmet hot dog.
13. Find out how you can reduce the risk of a fire with Caledonian Control Technology’s
new pan fire detector/suppression system. A new conversion burner will also be unveiled that can improve the performance of traditional ranges, cutting fuel bills by 25/30% while at the same time reducing the cooking time.
14. Take home samples of T.Quality’s
stylish new Trawler fish and chip packaging range, sample some of its delicious products and seek expert advice and guidance from its local regional sales manager.
15. As well as showing its Goldensheaf and Henry Jones Batters and its Dinaclass Curries and Gravies, Kerry Foods
will also be demonstrating how to add flavour when grilling fish by utilising its easy to use marinades.
16. There’s plenty of on-site parking and it’s completely free of charge
17. Take a seat at the MSC
‘help desk’ and find out about the certification process, see a demo of the new online certification process and even complete your application there and then.
18. See Vito UK’s
new portable oil filter system, the VITO XS, which can filter a pan and have fresh, clean oil back in within four to eight minutes.
19. Visit the Drywite Equipment Shop
where you'll be able to stock up on all your must-have equipment and utensils at reduced prices.
Donington Park is the ideal venue for The Fish Frying & Fast Food Show as not only is it right in the heart of England and minutes from the M1 and East Midlands Airport, but 80% of the UK is within two hours driving distance of Derby.
20. Sample the ‘Go Eat’ range of printed greaseproof paper sheets from Charlotte Packaging
and see for yourself how it can enhance your food presentation.
will be launching National Fish and Chip Day 2017 so be the first to find out about marketing packs, promotions, PR and how you can drive footfall to your shop before, on and after the day.
22. Taste Pacific West’s
value added products including its Seafood Basket, Salt & Pepper Squid, Panko Squid Rings, Tempura Torpedo Prawns, Breaded Butterfly Prawns and its brand new Wholetail Breaded Scampi.
23. As well as showcasing the Hook and Fish packaging and POS, Major B’s and 42nd Street, Friars Pride
will be running special promotions, live cooking demos and offering plenty of product sampling.
24. Taking up one of the largest stands will be BD Signs
as it showcases its latest state-of-the-art digital menu system together with signs, clothing, print leaflets and point of sale.
25. From curry, burger and peri peri to spicy mayo, mustard and sweet chilli there can’t be a variety od sauce that The Crucial Sauce
company hasn’t thought about, so come along and give its 20 strong line-up a try.
26. Sample Middleton Foods’
gluten free versions of its popular Chippies Choice Gravy Mix and Curry Sauce Mix and see if you can taste a difference..
27. Find out how you can offer customers a healthier way to enjoy salt by visiting the LoSalt
stand. You’ll also be able to take some free product samples back to your shop to try out.
28. Speak to brand new exhibitor Zan Fish Wholesale
to find out how it can use its buying power to get you the best price on a host of products from batter and fish to sauces and packaging.
29. Sweeten your offering with a donut or slush machine from Weston Catering Equipment
. They will be available to try out on the day as it serves up what it claims are "the best donuts in the world and very high quality slush". Also on display is a selection of LPG equipment for mobile outlets, including a two pan LPG range.
30. Be prepared for a shock as DMS Duct Cleaing
demonstrates what builds up in your ducting and vents if you don’t carry out regular cleaning and servicing with a reputable company.
Register for your FREE tickets to the Fish Frying & Fast Food Show ahead of the event, by clicking here. Alternatively, you can register for free on the door on the day.
Full list of exhibitors:
Middleton Food Products
Kiremko Food Equipment
Florigo Frying Solutions
Premier 1 Filtration
ReFood Waste Management
Golden Delight Paradise Kebabs
Hopkins Catering Equipment
Elite Shopfitters Leeds
Preston & Thomas
Pacific West Foods
Southern Fried Chicken
Triple F Prepared Chips
BD Signs Nottingham
Covaris Packaging Group
ASAP Catering Nottingham
DMS Duct Cleaning
Martyn Edwards Frank Ford
Wrapped Takeaway Shop Insurance
James T Blakeman Sausages
Seafish Industry Authority
NEODA National Fish & Chip Day
BRF Golden Foods Siam
MCS Technical Products
Marine Stewardship Council
Crucial Sauce Company
Triple Crown Foods